3D Art | January 2017
Did this model based on an excavator I saw one day out of the office window. I also used images I could find on the internet to get the details and proportion as acurately as I could.
Here is a little GIF doing a 360 turn loop around the excavator.
Here are a couple of renders I did on the way just to keep track of the process:
1. The tires and base of the body
2. Body added
3. Arm added
4. Cylinders added to the arm
5. More cylinders
6. Basic colors added
7. Glass material added
8. Changed angle, glass and added a hole
9. Adjusting the glass + final details on the cockpit
10. Final touches on the lightning to make those shadows pop out
Here is the model from various angles.
Here it is in the wireframe mode.
For more details on this or any other of my work, get in touch with me.
Have a look at my previous 3d job -